2) I will always, always, always love the show The Wonder Years. I think this was my favorite show growing up and I watched every episode over again since growing up and becoming an adult and I still love every episode just as much. I miss TV being the way that it used to be. To actually find a good-natured, family oriented show is so hard to find. This will always be a classic/favorite of mine!
3) Up until my honeymoon I never flew on an airplane before! Whenever my family went on vacation, we would always drive. Even if it was to Tennessee (which we frequented a lot!) or out to Pennsylvania/Virgina. We drove upwards of 12-13 hours at times. We’d get up super early in the morning and leave by 4 am usually at the latest. I absolutely loved our trips together, but I am SO much more a fan of air travel just from the standpoint of arriving at your destination much quicker!
4) I absolutely LOVE football. I love watching football, just like one of the guys! I am a die-hard Packers fan, but I can watch any football game. I do not, however, really get into college football.
5) I don’t believe I’ve ever traveled west of the Mississippi River! Or if I have, I was really, really young! I’ve been down south and out east many times, but never out west. I would LOVE to go though. I’d love to check out so many amazing places…including a lot of the National Parks and the west coast.
6) I used to play the saxophone when I was younger. Haha. I’m super-talented! Not. I did enjoy being in band when I was younger, just because I had such an appreciation and love for music. But the saxophone just wasn’t it. I wished the school I went to offered an orchestra…I would have much rather played the cello or violin!
7) I went to school for Accounting. (BORING, I know!) But thankfully I don’t do that for my job. I took accounting classes in high school and liked them, so when it came time to think about a career, my dad swayed me a bit. Reasoning that every company, profession, field, etc. etc. needs an accountant. So job security was a main motivator in my path in school. I didn’t have any better options in mind, and waiting to figure out what I wanted to do wasn’t going to happen. So, I went to a technical college and got my Associates’ Degree in Accounting. Now, looking back, I know that was not at all the right choice for me. I’m just very fortunate that I didn’t get stuck doing accounting. It was not something that came easy to me, I always questioned what I was doing, etc. Plus, it was BORING! 😛
8) I’m an early bird. I wake up early and love it. I love having that quiet time in the morning to myself, before the rest of the world wakes up. I wake up by 5 am during the week, just so I can have me-time in the morning before work to just get myself grounded and ready for the day. On weekends when I don’t have to worry about work, I “sleep in”…but I honestly usually wake up by 7 or 8 on weekends too. No later than 9, unless I didn’t get to sleep until really, really late the night/morning before, but that’s a rarity.
9) I am always early to events/appointments, etc. I hate having to rush and hurry to get somewhere. I like giving myself more than enough time to get there peacefully and unhurried. Even if that means waking up earlier (which isn’t really a problem anyway, see #8) or having to get ready earlier to go. It makes me feel less stressed and chaotic.
10) I don’t know how to hula hoop. (Yes, I know this one is super random!) I remember always trying to do it and it just never happened. I have assigned myself to the fact that it probably just isn’t going to happen. Partially because I don’t really care and partially because I really don’t know when I’d ever have the occasion to learn/do so anyway.
11) I am so scared to learn how to ski/snowboard. I have had so many friends tell me that I should learn (especially because we live in WI where it’s winter like 9 months of the year) but I have such a fear about it. I am so uncoordinated and have terrible balance (but maybe my new-found love of yoga can help with this?!?) that I always expect to hurt myself. Also I really really REALLY hate being outside in the cold. I find myself so miserable. So learning something that already makes me nervous/anxious in weather that makes me miserable is not my cup of tea.
- Whats you favorite season? I absolutely love summer. Living in Wisconsin means we have cold weather pretty much from October-May which is WAY too much in my opinion. I love warm/hot weather. We rarely really get a true “spring” up here. Winter seems to just merge right into summer. So definitely summer! I’ll take my heat as long as I can get it 🙂
- Do you collect anything? I don’t know if I’d say I “collect” them, but I keep all of my movie ticket stubs! I write the names of the people that I go with, too, on the back of the stubs so that I remember who I went with 🙂 I used to collect the Bazooka Bubble Gum comics too, but before I got married my mom ended up throwing them away 😦
- Who is your favorite sports team? Green Bay Packers, hands down!! I love football and they are my hometeam (and they rock!) so it’s an easy choice for me! I’ve always loved watching football! 🙂
- If you could travel anywhere for free where would you go? Ooooh…I’d have to say Italy! This has always been a dream of mine and at the top of my to-go places list. It is so amazingly beautiful there plus good wine + good food?!? Is there any other choice?!? haha
- Are you a vanilla or chocolate lover? I’d have to say that the majority of the time I will always select chocolate over vanilla. But every now and then I get a craving for the smooth taste of vanilla. (i.e. I absolutely LOVE McDonald’s vanilla soft serve [esp in a cone!] and oftentimes find myself wanting one!)
- What is your biggest fear? Being alone/being lonely when I die. I think that is the saddest feeling to have before dying. I never want to feel that way.
- Whats you favorite childhood cartoon? Garfield! I used to LOVE Garfield! I had to watch every episode, no matter what! Saturday morning cartoons would be so different without it haha
- Who is your celebrity crush? Oy this is actually a tough one. Johnny Depp for so long held the title of my celebrity crush, but I’d have to say that I’ve lost my crazy love feelings for him. (I still think he’s probably my favorite actor, don’t get me wrong!) But I don’t have those woozy, knee-knocking feelings for him anymore. I think I’ve finally moved on! Currently I suppose I’d have to say Adam Levine. Need I explain why?! Delicious in every sense of the word. 🙂
- What is your favorite restaurant? Hmm…this is a toughy! I don’t really know if I have a favorite. If someone had to ask me where I’d like to go for dinner, I’d probably mention La Chiminea, this amazing Mexican restaurant right down the road from my house. They have the best, most-authentic Mexican food in the area I live and have AMAZING margaritas!!!! 😀
- What is your least favorite food? Hmm…I’d have to say maple syrup haha. I absolutely HATE maple syrup. I think it is the most disgusting thing ever. I really don’t like the taste of maple (however, oddly enough I love the packaged maple and brown sugar oatmeal?!? weird, I know!)
- Would you rather run in a snow storm or 90 degree weather? This is actually a REALLY hard question. I will explain my feelings about both scenarios and hopefully be able to come to a real answer as to what I prefer. Here goes…Running in a snow storm, I’d be worried that I’d slip, fall and hurt myself. Plus, my nose runs a lot when it’s cold out, so I would have to always be blowing my nose. haha. Not a fun way to run. But, at least you can add layers to keep warm. When it’s 90 degrees, you can only peel off so many layers. And I really get irritable when I’m super hot, so I think running would just be more exhausting than it should be. I’d probably pick running in a snow-storm though, surprisingly.
- What is the most important thing you want your readers to take away from your blog? Probably to show that recovery is possible. And that we can be stronger than the obstacles that are put before us. My blog is my journey to finding happiness in my life and toward establishing a healthy foundation for my life. I’ve been struggling with an eating disorder and am working towards recovery every day of my life. I want my blog to be an inspiration, to show people that you can fight and come out on the other end. You don’t have to let this part of your life be what defines you. I want to be so much more and live such a fulfilled and happy life, not being held back by my ED. I’d love people to view my blog as a positive, upbeat place to go and feel uplifted by my words.
- If you got a tattoo, what would you get, where would you get it, and why? Well I already have one actually! I have one on my right rib-area (right next to my boob, actually) and it’s a phoenix. Here’s a picture: The story behind it is of how the phoenix rises from the ashes. “The phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.” I used this as a metaphor for my life. I have faced obstacles and challenges that have knocked me down many times, yet I will always rise up and become a better and stronger person than I was before. I got it to always remind myself that I’m stronger than any trial I face and that no matter what comes my way or what challenges I have to face, even if they seem debilitating, I will rise from the ashes.
- Favorite song of all time? Ooh this is such a tough one! I honestly don’t know if I could really think of my absolutely favorite song of all time. But, I know what always comes to mind as one of my long-term favorites bands and that’s Hootie and the Blowfish. I loved them when I was younger, growing up and I still love all of those same songs down to this very day. Darius Rucker’s voice is my ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE FAVORITE. I hear his voice and I still get chills. There’s something so magical about it. I can’t describe it! I just literally feel happy when I hear his voice. 🙂 (So glad he’s still making music to this day!) So I would say probably a Hootie and the Blowfish song. Now, which one, which one. Hmm.. Let Her Cry is a really good one. (There are SO many good ones!!) But probably Time, if I had to pick one of their more well-known songs. But Tootie for one of their more unknown songs. Love them both so much!
- If you could go back to any time period, what would it be? I think I’d love to go back to the ‘good ole days’…a time when people were more trusting. When you could leave your doors unlocked and not worry that someone would either come in and steal your things, or harm you in your sleep. There was an innocence and purity of that time. Things were also more simple then. And I think the family was a more structured, happy dynamic than it is now. I’m not sure what decade/era the ‘good ole days’ were…but wherever that simplicity was, I’d love to go back and experience that. Even going back to the times of settling on a piece of land and creating a home for yourself out in the middle of nowhere in the settler/prairie days. It’d be so un-rushed, so simple. That’d be neat to experience.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? Not sure if this is a guilty pleasure, or a pleasure that I feel guilty about hehe. I am VERY selfish when it comes to ice cream. Specifically Cookies and Cream (or double fudge brownie, yep the one with brownie pieces in it!) I will LITERALLY (and selfishly) pick out all the big cookie pieces or brownie pieces and eat those right away. I can’t get enough of the big chunks of cookie or brownie. Mmm. I have been known to even scoop a bowl of ice cream for someone else and while scooping, I will pick out all the big pieces! Terrible, I know! One of my worst, most-selfish habits!
- What is your favorite celebrity couple? I have always loved Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. I know the age difference is a little weird, but I’ve always like the two of the, so the merging of the two is awesome. Plus, they’ve been together since 2000, for 13 years, which is a rare thing in the business. So I think longevity in a marriage where the odds are seemingly against you, is a pretty awesome thing.
- What crazy crayola crayon color best describes you? Razzmatazz! Need I describe this one?! That just sounds fun and energetic and quirky and full of life! Perfect!
- If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why? Probably Italy…just because it’s something I have always wanted to explore! I would love to just navigate and roam through Italy. There is so much to see, so much beauty, so much history, so much food! It would just be the neatest experience to submerse myself in that culture and take it all in!
- What is your favorite holiday? Any holiday off of work, hahaha. No, I love Thanksgiving actually. This has always just been something I’ve enjoyed. I enjoy the meal, I enjoy the time of year. It always fills me with happy thoughts/memories looking back, so I think it’s always something that I’ll enjoy.
- If you had an entourage with 3 celebrities, who would they be? 1) Adam Levine. Hotness. Need I say more? 2) Jennifer Lawrence. There is something about her that I just really like. I like how she doesn’t fit into the mainstream celebrity-world. She’s her own person and she’s comfortable with who she is. I don’t think she puts on fronts or pretends to be someone other than she is. Plus, I love her acting-style. She just portrays herself as this real, genuine person…and I love that. 3) Johnny Depp. He’s so eccentric and still a great part of his life is a mystery to me. He keeps himself out of the lime-light and doesn’t crave attention or being in the headlines. He’s raw, natural talent…he’s an amazing actor, he always takes on hard, challenging and quirky roles, and he’s true to himself.
- What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without? Let me see…hmm…I’d say books. If I knew that no technology would ever be around again, I’d want/need to have books around me. They can always take me on an adventure and be entertaining, informative, insightful, soul-searching, or just simply a fun, good read. I could pass a lot of time reading books.
So now onto the fun part! My Nominees are:
My Question for you Ladies:
- What would your “last” meal be?
- If could plan a week’s vacation where money was no object, where would you could and what would you do?
- If you could be doing anything with your life right now, what would you want to be doing?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax/unwind?
- What is the biggest accomplishment of your life?
- If someone asked you to describe yourself, how would you?
- Would you rather spend a night in and relax or spend a night out on the town?
- Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
- Do you have any fun/quirky habits?
- What is one thing you have always wanted to do/try but haven’t done yet?
- Are you a morning or night person?
Have fun ladies!