So what’s the deal with The Versatile Blogger Award?
These are the details:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
These are the lovely bloggers that I nominate. You are all SO worthy of this award! ❤
- http://crumonaplate.wordpress.com/ –> I find so much strength and inspiration from this blog.
- http://bkenn723.wordpress.com/ –> Again, another inspirational blog, and I’ve appreciated some good posts.
- http://apple-of-my-eye.com/ –> I love this girl. From her inspirational attitude about her health, body, and food, to the wonderful photography and recipes she shares, I’m all about her blog! 🙂
- http://spectaculaur.wordpress.com/ –> I have appreciated a lot of posts on this blog. Especially this one.
- http://eatsofagirldiscovering.wordpress.com/ –> I am super proud of this girl and every post she has I get excited to hear how her ‘Freedom Summer’ is progressing.
- http://jessiebearwhatwillyou.wordpress.com/ –> I love her blogging style, zest for life, and her fun posts!
- http://lifeofdi.com/ –> I love, love, love her photography! She presents her blogs in a way I really appreciate.
- http://balanceandbananas.wordpress.com/ –> I really appreciate reading this girl’s story. Another inspirational girl who knows how hard it is to find that balance of being healthy.
- http://olivetorun.com/ –> The epitome of versatility. Her posts are always interesting, different, and full of thought and life.
- http://www.runningwithspoons.com/ –> I finish with my favorite. This girl inspires me so much. Her view of life, food, exercise, and her own well-being is such an inspiration to me. I love reading all of her posts and find them to be full of fun, thought, depth, lightheartedness, and uniqueness. Her personal story and where she is at in her life gives me confidence that I can find my healthy place too.
So shall we begin…?
Seven quirky things about me:
1) I don’t cut my sandwiches evenly in half. And yes, I do it on purpose! And I will always eat the small half first…because then when I’ve eaten my first ‘half’ I still have more than half to go! 😛 I also start eating the outer crusts and save the inside bites (with no crust) for last…because well, those are obviously the best bites! Maybe I’m a bit of a freak sandwich-eater, but SO WHAT?! 😀 (I guess it’s a good thing I eat my lunch at my desk, huh?) This one below is actually not as bad as my usual!!
2) I hate hate hate maple syrup. And a close second to that is honey. Granted, I don’t mind honey flavored things (like graham crackers, for example) Also, I LOVE maple brown sugar oatmeal, but maple syrup and honey, no.way.jose. Bleck!
3) My mom used to always put butter on our sandwiches when she made them for us when my brother and I were kids. I really didn’t like it, but what I didn’t like more was the fact that they always seemed to stick to the roof of my mouth. I’m not sure if it was the butter that made the bread stick or what, but it happened a lot when I was a kid. Interestingly enough it doesn’t really happen anymore…butter…an edible version of glue?! (how perfect is this picture, might I add)
4) As a kid, I never went to Disney World/Disney Land. some may say that I was a deprived child, but truth-be-told, I really had no desire to go. For one, I get sick on rides. Secondly, I was never a HUGE Disney fan…so I guess I never felt like I was missing out. My family went on other fun trips together, which while not always the most fun, were definitely trips I wouldn’t trade for the world.
5) I never paint my nails. I do, however, paint my toenails. But the fingernails are an ENTIRELY different story. For whatever reason, I just hate painting my nails. I seriously can’t remember the last time I did! Maybe my wedding? (Seriously, it’s sad because I don’t even remember IF I painted my nails for my wedding!) I just don’t like the fuss of it, don’t have the patience for it, and don’t think it’s at all necessary.
6) I have an obsession with clean, white socks. I’m very particular about my socks, too. If they start getting worn down (or God forbid, get holes) I just can’t handle it. I will never let my socks get to that point…ever. Even thinking about wearing socks that are wearing thin or have holes just makes me feel tense, like the same sort of reaction you’d get to hearing nails on a chalkboard. Eek. So white, new socks. Plus, they can’t be the super thin kind either. They need to have a little padding and they need to be ankle socks. (They can, however, have colored heels/toes)
7) I love pickles. Like, LOVE them. I can eat them any time of the day. It’s one thing that I almost always have a hankerin’ for 😉 But I hate the sweet, bread and butter pickles. They have to be the dill pickles…and have plenty of crunchiness, too.
Well that’s it, loves. Some of my crazy quirks in a nutshell 🙂
Your turn, share some of your ‘quirks’ that make you, you!