Hey-hey-hey it’s Wednesday which means it’s food day (ahem, What I Ate Wednesday) and time to link up with Jenn over at Peas & Crayons! For this week I thought I would focus on all of the tasty baked goods I’ve been enjoying lately, because there have been many. I am a sucker for sweets.
Yep, that’s me! Pretty cute, huh? 😉
I have been munch munch munching on a lot of sweet treats since fall began…not sure if it’s because I’m a sucker for fall-flavored goodies, there’s something just comforting about something hot from the oven, or if I’m just a crazy sugar-lovin’-lady, but whatever the reason, I’ve been enjoying it!
My Mom’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This is a favorite of my whole family and I’ve even been
nice crazy enough to share this with other people! (Usually just my co-worker because we always share food with each other…the BEST co-worker ever!) You can get the tasty recipe here, as my mom was totally willing to share!
I also recently made another fabulous recipe that I shared earlier this week. This was one of those recipes you make when you have those overly ripe bananas. I don’t know what happened, but the bunch of naners I got from the store got ripe SUPER quick, so I had four bananas that I needed to use up. The recipe I found took care of three of them, which wasn’t too bad at all!
These suckers went quick! They are super simple and super tasty. My mom even mentioned that they tasted like banana bread, only in the form of a cookie and she is absolutely right.
Speaking of sharing food with my co-worker (hehe)…my co-worker presented me with a special treat! We both share a love of Great Harvest Bread Co. and he knows just how much I love anything pumpkin-y, so he snagged me a pumpkin pecan pull apart bread! I am a huge fan of their cinnamon pecan pull apart bread, but this is a special seasonal bread and it was delicious!
I made another fabulous fall-flavored treat. Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies! I think these were my favorite cookies that I’ve made before and were seriously the BIGGEST HIT! I made them especially for my dad because he loves caramel apple flavored anything. He was so surprised when I brought them over for him and loved them! So I thought I would share these fabulous recipe today!
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Splenda (for baking)
- ¾ cup Splenda sugar blend
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup finely chopped granny smith apple
- ¾ cup caramel candies, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) into bowl; stir well.
3) Place sugars and margarine in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat with mixer. Gradually add flour mixture; beat at low speed until just combined. Fold in apple and caramel pieces.
4) Drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten balls slightly and bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Cool on pans for 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pans, cool completely on wire racks.
So pretty and oh-so-tasty! I seriously can’t emphasize this enough…this is a recipe you MUST try! If you’re disappointed, you can come and yell at me, seriously. I don’t think anyone could be disappointed with this one!
Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, full of good eats and good times. I’ll end on a rather humorous note 🙂